Skip to main content

Week 2

This week the focus was to complete the first set of Grok tutorials, which I completed. in the final challenege of grok 8 I encountered a problem in attempting to split a list into seperate lists of individual characters and then sort them in alphabetical order, I had a problem with it not splitting properly and then therefore not being able to sort it, I tried using different combinations of the list command and .split, but I wasnt able to get it to work, I used a python visualiser to help me see what my program was doing and where it was going wrong, from there I was able to amend the problem with the right commands. following that I continued onto the next set of grok tutorials which I encountered very little trouble in until the 'robots in a line' challenge in which I am still currently stuck on working out how to read different cased characters in the one string, I hope to have this amended and to be up to or around the third tutorial by next week. I have not yet started properly working on the quiz task as I am still brainstorming ideas and would like to have a larger knowledge of python before starting to make sure I am making the program in the most efficient way possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Post

This past week I've been working on fixing issues with the program to make it run as smoothly as possible. I didn't think I would get the stats for nerds page done and was going to scrap it so I could focus on getting the documentation done and fixing the minor issues so it would be more polished but I decided to do the stats for nerds page anyway and spent the past day and a half working on it. The notable issues from its development were mainly around gathering the data, in which I found some other errors in how I was collecting data such as not updating the data files when quitting the program. But i managed to finish the page as well as the rest of the program. My final solution was reasonably successful in comparison to my proposal and design, the only main things that I wasn't able to achieve was customisation of genome numbers and generation size and stuff like that, but that would have required a lot of digging through files in the libraries I was using to edit th...

Week 17

this week I continued working on the view existing AIs page mostly, having completed most of it, it navigates and runs the AI when selected. this week ill be working on clearing AIs from the system as well as viewing their names, allowing multiple pages, and maybe even display a picture depending on what game it was trained on. however that last one will only be if i have time to work out compatibility with other games in time, as its merely a bonus detail.

Week 14

This week I kept trying to parallelise my ai but found it quite tricky to edit the libraries functions, as they seemed to be working with each other in some weird ways which meant what I thought should work and made perfect sense was just not working. So I decided it was too late in my project to pursue it more, so I reverted my ai back to running one test at a time and began working on the display for when the ai is being tested. So far I've got some stats blitting next to the test, and this week I'm going to work on getting them scrolling as they need to and maybe get the buttons for the testing display done and working.